Clinical Care Nurse Manager Hospice
|Location:||Oak Park, MI|
|Salary Range:||Competitive Pay (Based on Experience) and Mileage Reimbursement|
|Benefits:||Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and 401(k) with Employer Match|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:|| Medical |
- Diversity/Individuality: Respect the differences of people and the individual who brings particular viewpoint to enhance that of the greater whole.
- Expertise: By virtue of credential, training, education, profession, publication or experience, believed to have special knowledge of a subject beyond that of the average person, sufficient that others may rely upon the individual's opinion.
- Accountability: Acknowledgment and assumption of responsibility for actions and decisions with the obligation to report, explain and be answerable for resulting consequences.
- Optimism: Expects the best possible outcome from any given situation; a yes attitude.
- Compassion/Respect: Virtue of empathy for the suffering of others and active desire to alleviate another's suffering by giving a positive feeling of esteem within actions and conduct.
- Fiscal Responsibility: Having an obligation to or being accountable for the finances, spending no more than we earn and investing in the development of the business.
Summary of Functions:
- Maintains a current knowledge of third-party regulations, communicates them to departmental staff, and implements operational systems that are fully compliant with relevant regulations.
- Sets challenging goals and puts a top priority on getting results by routinely monitoring and evaluating organizational results related to selected clinical and business processes (e.g. physician order completion, payroll accuracy, OASIS integrity, etc.); modifies programs and processes in assigned areas of responsibility to ensure that ongoing results compare favorably with relevant regional and national benchmarks. Collaborates with Business Office Department to evaluate and enhance clinical and financial support processes to improve efficiencies.
- Develops, implements, and ensures compliance with productivity standards for assigned staff.
- Leads quality improvement activities in assigned departments in order to promote performance that meets or exceeds established thresholds.
- Role models positive customer service behaviors to all staff members.
- Develops and monitors department’s policies and procedures and processes as established by various accreditation agencies and risk management program.
- Develops training programs for staff keeps up-to-date with new programs and services in disease management and health care changes.
- Expand technical, industry and financial knowledge to expand professional competence.
- Shares knowledge with clinicians.
- Mentors clinicians to assure computer and applications competence of employees appropriate to their jobs.
- Leads a team committed to customer satisfaction. Uses CQI principles and tools in the administration of the service unit to assure continual improvement to meet customer needs and expectations. Controls, monitors, and resolves service requests in a systematic, timely, and effective process.
- Recruits and retains staff through selection, orientation, evaluations and skills development. Evaluates the utilization level and operational efficiency for the team and recommends changes as needed.
- Sets challenging goals and places top priority on achieving results; maintains consistent high level of productivity in assigned departments with respect to both labor and non-labor resources.
- Identifies clinical training needs to promote clinical competency as well as compliance with regulatory, accreditation and reimbursement requirements.
- Maintains current knowledge of hospice regulations and standards; interprets regulatory guidelines related to reimbursement; leads the development of staff competency in order to facilitate implementation of required regulations.
- Leads organization performance improvement related to assigned clinical services; participates in organization-wide process improvement activities.
- Promotes positive working relationships with patients, families, referral sources, physicians and community services agencies. Actively participates in community activities to represent the organization. Role models positive customer service behaviors to all staff members.
- Communicates information regarding the organization's services to health care providers and trains staff on same.
- Develops and monitors department's policies and procedures and processes as established by various accreditation agencies and risk management programs.
- Explores opportunities for new business.
- Educates the community regarding program services including developing and maintaining rapport with corporate contacts; collaborates with Communication Specialist in the development of educational materials and promotional strategies.
- Maintains awareness of community changes which could impact hospice.
- Develops and maintains program policies and procedures; coordinates same with Medical Director or appropriate staff as needed.
- Provides monthly status reports and other reports as needed.
- Assists the Clinicians in the planning and delivery of care, achieving results that produce a consistent and high level of performance through case management activities, clinical practice and quality improvement.
- Assists the Clinicians with overseeing the direction of the interdisciplinary team in the provision of efficient, effective hospice delivery, promoting staff continuity and resulting in optimal patient satisfaction as measured by PAT/STAT.
- Works with/oversees the Team Scheduler to assure effective planning and coordination of daily assignments with team members according to the service needs of patients and families.
- Assists the Clinicians with the direction of staff in the application of CMS, Joint Commission, OSHA, MIOSHA, CDC and third party regulations and monitors adherence to those regulations.
- Performs clinical triage in the office setting during business hours and off shift as needed.
- Participates in ongoing clinical education in coordination with the Education Department. Works in concert with the Performance Improvement and Education Department to ensure OASIS integrity and related accountability standards.
- Assists in the recruitment, selection, orientation and retention of staff by creating an environment that encourages teamwork, positive attitudes and high morale.
- Manages discipline and performance of staff.
- Under the direction of the Clinical Director, reviews and analyzes operational performance and submits required reports in a professional and timely manner.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Associate degree in Nursing, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2 years prior supervisory experience
- 1-2 Years recent Hospice experience
- Literacy with computers/software specifically Microsoft Office Suite
- All (bold) functions above
|Qualifications:||Key Words: RN, Registered Nurse, Nurse Manager, Home Care, Homecare, Hospice, Health Care, Public Health, Full Time|
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.