Registered Nurse (008)
|Location:||Oak Park, MI|
|Salary Range:||Competitive Pay (Based on Experience) and Mileage Reimbursement|
|Description:|| Medical |
- Diversity/Individuality: Respect the differences of people and the individual who brings particular viewpoint to enhance that of the greater whole.
- Expertise: By virtue of credential, training, education, profession, publication or experience, believed to have special knowledge of a subject beyond that of the average person, sufficient that others may rely upon the individual's opinion.
- Accountability: Acknowledgment and assumption of responsibility for actions and decisions with the obligation to report, explain and be answerable for resulting consequences.
- Optimism: Expects the best possible outcome from any given situation; a yes attitude.
- Compassion/Respect: Virtue of empathy for the suffering of others and active desire to alleviate another's suffering by giving a positive feeling of esteem within actions and conduct.
- Fiscal Responsibility: Having an obligation to or being accountable for the finances, spending no more than we earn and investing in the development of the business.
Summary of Functions:
- Verbalizes an understanding and follows clinical policy and procedures.
- Administers immunizations, tests, and screenings. Acts responsibly to perform job duties on a consistent basis.
- Documents service provided and submits documentation per agency policy.
- Promotes and maintains positive working relationships with clients, co-workers and the public.
- Performs the observation and data collection function for all adult clients and derives nursing diagnoses based on observation and data collection data. Acts as a patient advocate.
- Implements nursing interventions to maximize health status and minimize symptoms associated with acute or chronic disease. Delivers care within the scope of nursing practice and in accordance with accepted standards of practice. Practices universal precautions in all contacts with patients, and special isolation techniques as warranted by patient diagnosis.
- Teaches and demonstrates care to be provided by the patient, family, or home health aide. Provides ongoing supervision and teaching as warranted. Provides emotional support to patients and families in a manner that fosters independence, affirms existing and new strengths, and promotes and develops strengths. Respects the autonomy and right to confidentiality of all patients and families.
- Identifies need for intervention by other members of the interdisciplinary team on an ongoing basis. Evaluates the effectiveness of care in conjunction with other members of the interdisciplinary team. Reports changes in patient condition to the case manager when applicable. Participates in the orientation of new members of the interdisciplinary team and students.
- Documents care provided and the response of the patient/family; submits documentation in a timely fashion as described in agency policy.
- Provides for continuity of service across care settings through effective information management, including both verbal and written communication.
- Manages a caseload and delivers care in a cost-effective manner that demonstrates an understanding of home health reimbursement methodologies. Articulates essential components of the home health benefit as administered under Medicare and other payers.
- Participates in the development of policies, procedures, clinical protocols, forms, and service programs as requested. Participates in departmental and/or agency-wide quality improvement activities.
- Seeks opportunities for professional growth, including demonstrating the ability to receive constructive performance feedback. Recognizes elements of patient and family systems that are not amenable to change. Evaluates own effectiveness in establishing and maintaining therapeutic relationships with clients and seeks assistance of supervisor or other resource persons in responding to opportunities for improvement.
- Demonstrates performance results that incorporate effective and efficient clinical practice and processes, and documents these results accurately and timely.
- Performs the assessment function for all adult clients and derives nursing diagnoses based on assessment data.
- Plans nursing interventions in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team to resolve current problems and prevent potential problems. Begins to establish the discharge plan at time of admission and includes the patient/caregiver in planning process. Progressively tapers visits prior to discharge in order to support a smooth transition out of home care. Involves the patient/family in determining care goals and objectives. Acts as a patient advocate.
- Identifies need for intervention by other members of the interdisciplinary team on an ongoing basis; collaborates in the planning of such care. Identifies the need for extension of home health services, provides complete and accurate supporting documentation, and seeks physician order to recertify the patient. Evaluates the effectiveness of care in conjunction with other members of the interdisciplinary team. Reports changes in patient condition to the attending physician and seeks needed changes in pharmacological intervention as warranted. Revises the plan of care to respond to evaluation of effectiveness.
- Assesses the need for home health aide services. Plans and supervises the provision of such services. Provides on-site orientation and supervision of HHAs on an ongoing basis, in compliance with agency policy and applicable law and regulation. Documents and reports to appropriate supervisor any identified performance issues.
- Complies with all agency policies and procedures and applicable laws and regulations. Demonstrates performance results that incorporate effective and efficient clinical practice and processes.
- Assesses patient status on an ongoing basis based on patient needs. Completes reassessments of systems identified in the plan of care for ongoing evaluation.
- Attends internal meetings as well as case conference meetings. Educates other service providers regarding availability of services.
- Verbalizes an understanding and follows clinical policy and procedures for immunization.
- Respond to inquiries and referrals for services by determining client need and promoting appropriate service to meet needs. Provides information regarding organization’s services.
- Effectively represents organization in response to client concerns or complaints. Provides clear and timely documentation of concern calls received and forwards to Manager.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Associate Degree
- 2 years previous acute care experience required
- 1 year previous home care experience preferred
- All (bold) functions above
|Qualifications:||Key Words: RN, Registered Nurse, Home Care, Homecare, Hospice, Health Care, Public Health, Weekend, Contingent|
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.